Thursday, September 8, 2011

Wikileaks allegation: EFCC clears Jonathan and wife.

The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, says it does not have any record of $13.5million allegedly recovered from First Lady Patience Jonathan in 2006. EFCC chairman Farida Waziri told news men on the side light of a courtesy call on her by a non-governmental organization (NGO) named Women Empowering and Enriching Lives, that she did not inherit any case file on President Goodluck Jonathan and his wife. She said, “We did not inherit any case. In fact, it’s amazing the nature of this $13.5million alleged to have been seized at the airport, which airport? Seized by whom? And where is the lodgment?” To buttress her point on how the commission deals with recovered funds, she cited the example of former governor of Delta state James Ibori “if you recall the issue of $15million laundering money from James Ibori, the money is still in the Central Bank of Nigeria, it is there and the record is with me. Now this other issue is a fiction and I want to clear the record and equally the wikileaks also talked about inherit case on Mr. President, I did not inherit any case file on President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan. I have never received a petition when he was governor of Bayelsa, when he was vice president and today as president. I have never received any petition against Mr. President.”
Hmm… Choose ye this day whom YOU shall believe.
As for me, I believe God.

4 comments:

  1. Hahaha @ EFCC clearing GEJ and Patience, can EFCC really indict them? SMH

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm, is that so? The truth will out one day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. when u dont know who or wat to believe.
    God knows evryevry.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent post. I was checking continuously this blog and I'm impressed! Extraordinarily helpful information specially the last part :) I care for such info much. I was looking for this particular information for a long time. Thank you and best of luck.
    My webpage > Wwfef.radabg.com

    ReplyDelete